Monday, December 1, 2008

Soccer Soccer Soccer


I actually had a second picture of Morgan That I mean to post but can not find now. It had every muscle in her little body flexed. It seemed to say "I am Chihuahua, hear me ROAR!"








I liked this of Marrisa. You can see the beautiful stride that opens up into her kick.


Here is Kylynn after she has sprinted down the field, stole the ball and now plays it up field to her team mates.


Haley taking the dribble (keeping it close and under control) and Lizzie moving into position for the pass.




Emily taking the ball hard down the line. She did that a lot in this tournament.





I labeled this wrong. It was suppose to be with the hiking pictures. I just included it because of cheesy posing up there. Typical cheesy.






Mad Dog steals the ball in defense and turns to face....... Emily. Woe girl, she is on your team.







Continuation. Emily turns to make supporting run for Mad Dog.











Beth bodying up on the defender. Marrisa and Morgan in supporting position. Beth played much more physical this tournament. We will need that consistently from her.







Ashley making a nice take down the side. This was actually in a series. It was impressive because she beats the defender. Then 2 half backs and finally these 2 defenders. In each picture Maddie is in the shots running a supporting run with her.






Allysan taking out players and away the ball. Once again a solid performance.











On the hike. This was a spur of the moment thing. Next time we need to have this planned in. We did not get hold of everyone in time to include everyone. We need to make sure everyone goes next time. It was really cool to be up there together.













More of the hike. What a view!












Queen of the Hill.













King of the Hill.
Must be the pose to do when you reach the top. (I did it too)







Kind of blurry but I wanted to show our spacing so we could talk about this one. This is in the championship game when we are pushing for a gaol at the end of the game. You see great pressure at the top and people quickly turning to get back on D to stop their counter attack. We did especially well at this in the second half. It took our subs to get us really rolling and then the resurgence finished them off.




Here is another on in spacing and you can see that the diamond has left a huge hole and their is no support on the ball. This is much less pressure on the defense than the blurry shot above. The defense can win the ball and have time to see the field because of the huge hole we have left here.






I wanted to include this shot of Kenzi so we could remember her her throw in with the water bottle. Great memories.








Nice attack on the ball from Braby













Jess preparing to trap the ball











Haley setting to head the ball. I hope she has seem Jess for the simple pass. Good position Jess. It comes from a pass that Rosie give and you can see her starting to move into a supporting position also. Very Nice







My Co-worker made me include this. If you enlarge it you will see why. Megan is sticking her tongue out. They asked if it was at me. Probably.

Kudos to the Megans (Braby & Niebergall) and Kenzi. They played AWESOME defense this tournament. I think Katie got better in goal each game too



Here are the champions.

Most of the tournament and especially in the second half of the Championship our Mid-field was terrific. In fact, so good that in the second half of the championship our opponent never really mounted a serious attack. The pressure created
was also responsible for both goals scored. VERY WELL PLAYED!


Allie can you open you eyes for the camera?













The faces say it all. GOOD Job!








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT !!!!! I am so proud of all the girls. Ok, now I am feeling sorry,sad that I was not there. Thanks to Natalie G., she kept me abreast of what was happening in the championship game. I told Steph to yell "woo hoo" for me, but I hear she didn't. I will have to teach her better. I am so glad you guys/gals had a great time. CONGRATULATIONS ! :) Ruth Palmer

Anonymous said...

Mogie - I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog. I immediately started laughing. The earth swallowing Steph. That is AWESOME!
Ruth P.

Anonymous said...

Did I take all these pictures?
The blury ones are at night and they didn't turn out so well.

allie said...

sorry..i have this thing. a condition, you might call it. when i know people are taking really attractive pictures of me, i close my eyes so i don't draw away from everyone else's beauty in the picture.

Jessica says;

no mom. i took those :)

Anonymous said...

This tournament was AWESOME!!!! I loved it, I feel like our team grew so much closer and we were even close before. It was so much fun and I think after leaving the high school season I felt so unsatisfied, like there was something missing because I knew we could do better than we did. After feeling such success with our team,which pretty much was the high school team, in this tournament really filled the emptiness from the high school season. I am so excited for the Presidents day tournament. I hope that works out! Mogie thank you for your time and being such an awesome coach! The pictures are awesome and Congrats to the U 13 team! You girls will go far I am so proud of you! I have enjoyed practicing with you so much.
-Whit :)

Anonymous said...

The tournament was great! It got me very excited for the spring season and future tournaments. Thanks to Mogie and all the other girls that participated. I love my team!
-rosie