Monday, December 1, 2008

Great weekend

Thanksgiving giving weekend was great from the Turkey bowl with family to the turkey dinner and then followed by 2 weeks worth of soccer all crammed into 2 days. It was fun filled and exhausting.

I told my teams that we had 3 objectives when we went down to St. George.
1) Have Fun. (I think we did that)
2) Get a lot of touches on the ball. (Mission accomplished)
3) Learn from our experiences. (I think both teams did that but there are still lessons to be learned.)

Congrats to both teams for a well played tournament. U18 finished on a high note and gold medals. Could not have been much more exciting. I think we could turn it into a movie. U13 played great and finished 1 goal short of gold. You need to know that the first time I brought the older team down they did the same thing. 1 goal scored on us by a firebird team gave the gold to H2O instead of us. We learned from that and are better because of it. We learn from this tournament and can be better because of it too.

I think we can improve on several aspects of this tournament. That is why as you all look back at the weekend I would like you to comment on the blog about things you liked and things you would like to tweak to make it better also.

First off, A Huge thanks to Connie and Ruth for getting us all registered. It is very time consuming to do everything they have done for our teams and we just get to sit back and enjoy the fruits of their labors. Second, another thanks to Connie for getting us great deals on the hotel and dinner on Friday evening for the U13 team. Third thanks to Dave and Shaun for taking care of all the pregame stuff as I ran from game to game. Fourth, thanks to everyone who pitched in taking care of my kids during the entire trip. They had a blast. I think the boys especially would have reached their limit going to 8 games in 2 days without all of your help. Thanks to Tate for being such a nice guy at the pool. My boys had a blast with him.

I loved being together at the hotel. Those who hung out at the pool together seemed to enjoy themselves. I liked going out to eat together. I loved the hike. Unfortunately it was an impromptu and we did not get everyone to go.

To improve I would like to see if we can get both teams in the same building. I think it helped to have people close to each other. Second I would like to plan a team hike. It was relaxing and fun. It was quite pretty and a good team building time. I would love for you to add your good and bad to the list, if you would please, so that we can make sure we keep the good parts of this and improve as we go. Again congrats to both teams. You made me proud.

Enjoy the pictures below. If you have more you would like to share with everyone please give them to me and I will post them also. Unfortunately, I do not have pics of everyone. So please share the pictures and your comments. THANKS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice summary Mogie. Thank you and you're welcome! Yes, we always learn from the first, the next time will have more structure and wahoo, more fun too! Just so you all know, the hotel is already reserved, February 13,14,15 and 16,with all rooms in the indoor portion.

Anonymous said...

I had a comment, if some families can not go next time, we can split up and I'll stay in a room with girls. So if you can't go plan to send your daughter. I guess she's got the same hotel reserved.

Anonymous said...

Great trip! Great play by all the girls! and we are looking forward to the tourny in Feb. One comment that Shaun made was to all go to snow canyon state park and doing a hike and/or team pix's (white uni's against the Black lava and/or red rocks would look really good) and thanks to Mogie for his time and patients with the girls and "some of thier parents"..... and thanks to all that help these teams shine..Squirly

Anonymous said...

Hi Mogie... this is Markie. So are we for sure going to the tournament in February? If so... are we going to practice for it..? :)


Oh, thanks for coaching us to!

:)

Mimi...(that's my new nickname)

lol