Monday, December 19, 2011

U11 Soccer Choir

Sunday we had our traditional Sunday before Christmas Dinner at G-ma and G-pa Smiths. Tyler's soccer team decided to do a service project and go sing at a rest home in Taylorsville. Tyler decided he wanted to do that even if he had to miss part of the party at Grandma's. That in and of it's self made me feel quite good.

Any way a couple of other things that made me feel really good.

As they were forming the Choir and asking the boys to volunteer they "quoted" me and wrote "as Mogie says ' we are not just building great soccer players we are building great young men". I must admit that made me feel pretty good. Sometimes you wonder how much good you are doing and if it is worth all the time. Moments like that make me feel like it is.

Now away from me I must give JaiDee credit. She put together a GREAT program and the boys had a good time with it while bringing some love to not just the habitants of the Golden Living Center but also all of us in attendance. I was touched by the boys and their sincerity. It was definitely a highlight of my day. Thanks JaiDee and everyone who helped her from piano players, drivers, cupcake makers, cocoa providers and the rest of you. It was a great experience not just for Tyler but for me too.

No comments: