Monday, December 12, 2011

The Year of Disney

Here is the problem with postponing things. I kept putting of Disney reports because I wanted to get the pictures. Well fact is I still do not have the pictures form our trip in November of 2010. It was probably the best. We cashed in our give a day get a day voucher, then upgraded to a 4 day pass (so we could be there for the holiday) and then at the end of the trip turned it into a season pass. All because of the ticket sales. I must say it was really hard to not be at the game, but it was so worth the time I had with the family. We did a few thing we would not normally do, like buy food inside the park. At first the kids just looked at me weird and I would say " just thank those crazy Ute fans for paying for our trip. By the end we all would do things and just say "THANKS UTES". It made it more pleasant for me at least. I Love it for multiple reason. Disneyland is one of the few paces I can act childish and people don't think I am overly weird. I say overly because my kids still think I am weird. I lived the holiday decorations. It made it even a bit more special.

They also had introduced a new light show since we were there last. It is called World of Color. The first night we were there we went to see it and did not know how to handle the crowd and we were in a not so good location and the boys were tired and could not see very well. About 2/3 of the way thru I decided to just take Tanner home because he was making it so neither of us could enjoy the show. He was so tired that he fell asleep before I could even get to the Golden Gate Bridge. By the time I get out to Harbor his dead body weight is killing my shoulders. I swap him to my arms and continue to the castle down by Katella. A building before the hotel my arms can not take it any more either so I need to shift him and he wakes up, happy and ready to go because he has had his 20 minute nap. We went and got a pizza and had a good time together in the room waiting for the others to get home.


The next day we enjoyed the park again, but planned better for the show. We got better seats and were more rested. The boys (actually everyone) enjoyed it more the second night. The next night we went to the fireworks. I think the fireworks are really good, but in all honesty I do not remember as much about them. A couple trips ago we started getting Ice cream to share at the beginning while we wait. I think I like that time the best, as we all huddle up and talk together sitting in the street at Disneyland.

In March, Karen and I went back with the Phersons. It took me a while to adjust. I am use to the kids and trying to ride as many things as we can. I started collecting fast passes and finally had Karen ask "what are you doing? Do you know why we are here? It's not for the rides." I slowed down after that and just spent time with Karen. It was really nice. I need to make that mind shift more often.
The Phersons are incredible people. They are great examples to us. Karen has a lot of good friends, but I would have to say Cindy is the Best. They just go well together. I got to know Daryl a lot better too. He has a weird side to him and sure likes to tease. We got along quite well. I would do it again in a heart beat. We could both just make comments to each other and laugh because we were on the same page with our thoughts a lot.

One of the days with Phersons we went on a drive instead of going to the park. It was really cool (at least for me). This is 302 Larkspur Ave in Corona Del Mar. I spent my childhood vacations here. It sure has changed since I was staying here. It was a modest 1 story home then with an apartment in the back over the garage where we stayed. The neighbors house on the corner was even smaller. I would not recognize it if not for the address. The Hayes provided a lot for us to enjoy, some pretty incredible vacations. Then when they passed away they provided a bonus from their inheritance that gave us the money to buy the land and build where we now live and enable us to be with such great neighbors that we have a around us now. We truly are blessed.




No comments: