Monday, December 12, 2011

Imperfections

Well, I decided to use this as a journal entry and I still am horrible at writing in it to keep my memories. Although instead of focusing on the bad I want to focus on some of the good in the next few post to be able to retain some memories. There have been a lot of good ones too!



I liked this picture. We were outside at the temple waiting for Brian and Anna to come out. I love the SLC Temple. It is one of the most beautiful buildings in the world (in my opinion). Well there I am marveling at this great building and them I get up close and see these imperfections in each of the Granite stones. It made me think about how we are as people too. If we can step back and look at the person as a whole (not just one stone at a time, we can see a masterpiece, but when we get too close sometimes we just focus on the imperfections. It has helped me with the kids at home, my coworkers, kids I am coaching, and even myself. I will forgive myself for many of my short comings as long as I am working to make a masterpiece. I think the Lord would be happy with that as well.

This is Brian and Anna. She is a great addition to the family. She matches Brian. They are both leaders and look for the positive in situations and people. They really seem to make each other happy and have found the best way to do it is thru service to others. Good examples for us. As I said they are very fun too. My kids look forward to them being at family activities because they introduce games to the group instead of sitting around like old fogies.

No comments: