Monday, June 22, 2009

Great Weekend?

I was on my way into work this morning and started laughing out loud. You might think it was because of something I heard on the radio, but no, it was anticipation to a question my co-worker always asks on Monday morning. "How was your weekend?"

So here are a couple of thoughts that run thru my mind. Let's see I have scratches all over my arms from the rose bush. My legs started cramping on Saturday evening and are still a bit still and I get a charlie horse once in a while. I woke up this morning to a headache that still has not stopped. My kids did not invite me to play dutch softball yesterday ( don't know if they think I am getting too old or just giving me a rest on Father's day). My sunglasses broke. I had a hair-clipper malfunction and basically had to shave my head. My plans for both Friday and Saturday were altered and I did not do what I was thinking of doing. The list in my mind went on and on. Now the reason this is soooo funny to me is, I am sure I am going to tell her I had a GREAT weekend. It sounded great right?

Well it's all what you focus on. Friday I spent the day with my wife. We did lots of things including shopping for our father's day gift for our dad's. We watched several movies. Stayed up too late. Got silly with the kids. Got a ton of chores done. (My garage looks AWESOME). The rose bush got fixed. We went out to eat and to the Desert Star Theatre with a neighbor and had a great time. Watched another movie with the kids after midnight. Got teased by my kids and the neighbors about my new haircut (it provided many laughs). I must admit I actually enjoy the rain and breeze on my scalp. More laughs on Fathers day. I spent time with my kids, my wife, my parents and my in-laws on Sunday. All of which was enjoyable. I got several nice gifts. I think the whole family is going to like the pull up bar I got. Yes it was quite the contrast of ups and downs over the weekend. The UPS truly out weighed the downs. I HAD A GREAT WEEKEND!!

1 comment:

newsinaminute said...

glad you had a great father's day
cause you are a good father--did you read our little happy day father 'well wish" --telling you so? keep up the good work--every kid should be so lucky to have a dad that care about his family the way you do--*(and a mom like karen)
these great friendships you share with your kids seem to be reflected in the sincere and touching remarks and testimony that Jessica shared Sunday (july 5)
bet that did your heart good--aren't those pay days fun? I talked to her after RS and told what a fab. spirit she brought to the meeting--nice/beautiful lady she is inside and outside bryan and lynda