Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Good Morning SEATTLE

We just got back from a great week up in Seattle visiting Karen's Sister. The entire trip was great, but my mornings were spectacular. Let me give you a scenic tour of my morning. Unfortunately, I am shooting pictures from my phone which did some funny stuff with some of the lighting, but you will get the general idea.



Our hotel, Drew and Lynelle's Home, My starting place each morning.

Thru the connecting path of 2 neighbor hoods and to one of the many water reserve/ponds in the area.

The bike path through the "buffer" zone between neighborhoods.


Out of the neighborhood to the main road that surrounded the wetland reserve where I headed each morning.




Moss on the trees in the wetlands. I loved this the most. It was everywhere. Creepy, majestic, beautiful and peaceful all in one.


among the many trees




The bike path I was on. It switched from this type of setting and to the trees on a regular bases. The bushes to the sides are berries.






The WETLAND portion of the reserve. It was amazing how many birds were in here and all so very active in the morning. A recording of the sound would have been even more beautiful than the picture.








More of the paths








The path was not always clear, but always enjoyable. On time with the family Karen, Ashley, Tyler and I went exploring and got into path we had to carry our bikes for a while, but for the most part the trails were groomed magnificently.











More Mossy Trees. They were COOL!!!













Some of the "character" of the forest.






Close up of the berries. I ate some every morning. Had one gentleman tell me that it was OK until I met up with the bear from whom I was stealing. I figured there was enough for both of us.












More of the gorgeous path

















This one of the entrances to the wetland preserve from the main road. It was surrounded by the big path you see on the left. Basically you picked a little path to enter, went exploring and popped out somewhere again on the big path and took it back home.







Lots of Ferns in the area also.














A little bridge to get you over the water. There was also a BIG bridge to get you over the largest section of wetlands too. In fact, the big one too 30 second to bike across. That gives you an idea of how large this wetland reserve was where I was exploring.








At one point I popped out of the reserve and did not find the road, but a golf course instead.















Yes, I was a happy man in the morning in Seattle.
















1 comment:

newsinaminute said...

beautiful --beautiful place!!
glad you could go--there
bryan and Lynda