Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Where does the time go?

This entry will be a hodgepodge of items. As I was coming to work today I realized I was missing some memories of simple things if I don't write some of them down. So....

Funny Things:

Watching a tow truck being picked up by another tow truck. Made me laugh.

Last night while replacing carpet pad that was ruined by our fridge leaking I cut myself on the tack strip. It was not horrible, but hurt bad. I sent Tanner up to get me a band aid so I could keep working. He runs upstairs and screams "Dad has cut his finger" Total panic in his voice and I hear his feet spring across the floor toward the bathroom where the bandiads are. It makes me laugh. Then a realization of every thing that had happened. Tanner is paniced and shows that to everyone in the house. What happens next made me really laugh. Tanner returns with the bandaid. No one else in the house even responds. Just life as normal. Makes me wonder if it had been as serious as his voice made it sound would anyone have come to help. I told Ashley about it this morning and we both just started laughing.

Last week we got a new Bishopric. Three good guys released. Three new good guys put in. New experiences for the ward and these individuals to help us all grow and learn together. The week before the change was made the Stake presidency informed us of the change and then told us not to speculate anything about the changes. I think, "why tell us then?" I must not have been the only one thinking it and we were then told that the reason we were being told was to help us be ready to sustain who ever was called. My next sarcastic thought was "who are they calling that I will have problems sustaining" That made me laugh too. Hopefully the Stake presidency did not think I was laughing at them. Then on Tuesday I finish helping with the MHS boys soccer tryouts. There to pick up his son is the Stake President. I walk over to him and said that he could help me not to speculate if he would just tell me who the new bishopric was. He laughed, but did not share with me. Oh well, it was worth a try and definitely worth the laugh.

In order to guarantee a ticket to the BYU-Utah football game this year I bought season tickets to the U, figuring I could sell the other games and get my ticket cheaper. I also had to join the Crimson club to get bumped up on the list of available tickets. Many friends have ribbed me , the ultimate BYU fan, for being a crimson club member. Last week I saw a license plate holder that said "Not just a fan, a Crimson Club Member". I thought I need to get one that says "Not a fan, Just a Crimson Club Member"

Next up: hopefully with more time this afternoon an entry on Utah Football and Disneyland

No comments: